The galleries below are provided as an inspiration to those who desire to see the return of a vital large mammal species to Bow Valley. Check back often, we will update these galleries as often as possible.
Select from a gallery category below:
An important part of the strategy to get the news out about Bison Belong is the Public Events. Meeting locals and visitors to the Bow Valley is a great way to transfer the excitement about restoring Bison to the area.
- Bison Belong sends Postcards to Ottawa - January 23, 2015
- Tea Celebration in the Banff Luxton Gardens - August 10, 2013
- Bison Stroll Launch, Central Park, Banff - June 13, 2013, and images from the Stroll
- Tea Celebration in the Banff Luxton Gardens - August 09, 2012
- Dwayne Harty painting demonstration at Canmore Folk Music Festival - August 04 - 06, 2012
- Announcement from The Honourable Peter Kent, Canada's Environment Minister and Minister responsible for Parks Canada - January 27, 2012
- Tea Celebration in the Banff Luxton Gardens - August 09, 2011
- Outdoor Sketching with Dwayne Harty at Cascade Ponds, Banff - August 07, 2011
- Making Bison Origami at the Bison Courtyard, Banff - August 06, 2011
- Banff Canada Day Parade - July 01, 2011
- Supporter Promotion - Outside of Wild Flour Bakery, Banff - November 13, 2010
- Evening Reception with Canmore Mayor Ron Casey
- Assorted Public Events
Our photo gallery contains images of bison and bison/people interactions from across North America (mostly from Elk Island National Park and Yellowstone). We are looking forward to adding photographs of the bison roaming wild in Banff National Park in the near future.
ART & POETRY
Bison are an iconic species of the West. Powerful and fearless, they have inspired art and poetry for generations.
We have a range of promotional materials that you may download and enjoy.
If you would like to add your photos, art, or poetry to our galleries, please email them to us.